[SC.LUG] So, are RedHat ditching the home user market?

aroffe at its-linux.co.uk aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 10:51:36 GMT 2003

Hi,

> Personally I'm quite intrigued by Suns Java Desktop, saw a demo of
> it at linux  expo and it looked pretty cool for $100/year.

The Java desktop is very nice. It won't be $100/year for ever.
That's why we need to be able to choose. That's how it is.
I don't like it either. Shareholders demand profits from businesses,
and businesses have to deliver them or the business ceases to be.
RedHat are a business and in my opinion have always been clear about that.
You can change distro's. Try buying water from somebody else. Oh oh.

Out of interest, wht not use a "free" distro like debian, gentoo or
whatever?

andy