jon.d@c2internet.net - Email found in subject - Re: [SC.LUG]C onnectivity

Jonathan Dwerryhouse jon.d at c2internet.net
Mon Nov 24 16:08:03 GMT 2003

"having four lines would reduce the likelyhood of total downtime a little
too."  It most definitely wouldn't- they're all going into the same DSLAM.
The only time when that would provide backup is if you had say an SDSL line
going into Bulldog LLU equipment in an enabled exchange and then a backup BT
DSL line.

You're lucky having that amount of downtime.  I see BT's Major Service
Outage reports every day- it's not unusual for them to knock out a RAS that
controls large chunks of the country.  DSL is not a replacement for
pre-established WAN connections like leased lines.  Well, it depends how
important connectivity is to one's business.

Jonathan Dwerryhouse
Senior Account Manager
C2 Internet Ltd
Alvaston House
Alvaston Business Park
Nantwich
Cheshire
CW5 6PF
0845 658 0020
www.c2internet.net

All quotes & services from C2 are bound by our standard terms and conditions
which are available on our website at:

http://www.c2internet.net/legal/main.htm#tandc