[SC.LUG] Re: Hello to you all, from the North.

Simeon swfarrington at beeb.net
Mon Oct 6 19:14:40 BST 2003

Hi all

Seems an odd concept - the northern territories of the South Cheshire
LUG ;-)

Maybe we could teleconference two meetings simultaneously in Sandbach
and Poynton!! Maybe not....!

Would be good to get a meeting at this neck of the woods at some
point, although things are rather hectic at the moment so it doesn't
need to be immediate for me. I'm still waiting for half of my hardware
to become old enough to have reasonably straightforward support as
I've not had much time to tinker.

I did start playing with a "Shuttle" machine but despite the hardware
being "supported", I didn't get very far. As it's my lounge DVD player
(+mp3) things weren't getting far enough so I've got a stupidly
overspecced machine running a stupidly overbloated o/s to serve me
films and music. I may just pop into Argos and buy a dedicated
machine, although I'll have a surplus of machines again! I did have a
throw out recently of a heap of ISA i/o cards which was emotionally
very challenging!!!!! Still got 3 more machines in the house than I
realistically need. However, rehoming them has proven difficult so if
anyone knows of a home for an old P233+ homebuild and an old laptop,
let me know. If anyone wants to start a bidding war, then I'm all for it :)

I'm drivelling - time to shut up!

All the best

Simeon

srmlou> Ian Molton              Northwich
srmlou> Richard Smedley         Bradwall, nr Sandbach
srmlou> David Holden            Chester
srmlou> John Southern           Poynton
srmlou> Richard Pemberton       Crewe
srmlou> Robert Marshall         Macclesfield
srmlou> Greg Bolshaw            Congleton
srmlou> Matthew Tolley          Wilmslow
srmlou> Neil Lucock             Northwich
srmlou> Simeon Farrington       Hazel Grove
srmlou> John Jervis             Congleton
srmlou> Martyn Kinder           Haslington, Crewe
srmlou> Ewan Leith              Wythenshawe

srmlou> That's 5 within 5 miles of Poynton.
srmlou> Anybody want to organise a meeting up there?

srmlou>  - Richard