[SC.LUG]How many machines do you need?

Neil Lucock neil.lucock at zen.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 21:05:01 BST 2003

On Monday 06 Oct 2003 6:15 pm, Simeon wrote:

 although I'll have a surplus of machines again! I did have a
> throw out recently of a heap of ISA i/o cards which was emotionally
> very challenging!!!!! Still got 3 more machines in the house than I
> realistically need.

Someone else who collects computers? Realistically, I just need one (Linux)
machine and one "experimental" machine to install new OSs on and mess with.
At present I have one Linux mandrake (Duron) machine, one Win 2k (Via chip)
machine, A sparc (Redhat), a laptop (SuSE) and a HP Visualize (HP-UX and
CDE). The wife has Win XP on her PC and Win 2K on a laptop, my daughter has
Win Me (and Mandrake) on her PC. 8 computers for three people is a bit
excessive. A friend of mine collected motorbikes in the same way. You can
only ride one at a time.
Is there a self-help group for people like me? Does anyone else have the same
problem (see something interesting on ebay and buy it)? What hardware do you
use most of the time? (through choice).

Neil