[SC.LUG] gentoo linux

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Tue Oct 14 11:31:19 BST 2003

Great - when is the next LUG meet BTW? I will come armed with blank CDs or
DVD !

If it's more than 3 weeks away I might do as a couple of you have
recommended and wait for Mandrske 9.2.

Silly question (I'm a non-techie, remember) - can I run a dual or tri-boot
machine (I have plenty of HD capacity) with different OSs? I'm in the
'dabbling' stage when I've not yet decided which version to go for, and a
lot of my stuff is still on Windows. (not for long, mind!).

Initially, I built my own PC and did a disc partition to run Red Hat and
Windows together, had some difficulties (I didn't know anyone that could
guide me round Linux) and had to fall back on Windows (yuk!). I'm absolutely
DYING to kick Windows into touch now though. I just need to get used to
Linux first. Needless to say I've gone off Red Hat a bit and I'm looking for
something that suits us brain-dead non-technical people and pretty much
explains itself.

Matthew