[SC.LUG] next meeting

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Wed Oct 15 11:59:13 BST 2003

The Merlin is run by the same people who run the Bear's Head at Brereton
Green near Sandbach - and it's very good all round (food, beer, atmosphere
etc). Cartoon sign?? Maybe you're thinking of the County next door which
rejoices in the name of a 'Wacky Warehouse'. Teenage parties??? Not sure
about that - again you might be thinking of the County, or perhaps the
Lizard behind it, which last I heard had closed down again.

It's easy to find - head North out of Alderley Edge on Wilmslow Road (the
A34) which then becomes Alderley Road. After passing the cricket fields on
the right you'll see "The County" pub (on the right) followed by the Merlin,
which is the last building on the right before the roundabout where you go
straight on for Wilmslow (still called Alderley Road) or right for the new
A34 dual-carriageway by-pass effort.

>From Poynton/Hazel Grove I'd get to the Unicorn pub at Woodford, turn left
and then go down Adlington Road, Wilmslow. Then go over the first roundabout
and at the second (junction of the A538) take the right turn which is the
new link-road to the by-pass. At the end you'll see a roundabout with
Wimslow High School facing you. Turn left onto the new A34 and go down to
the end, taking the left onto Alderley Road and then pretty much immediately
left again into the Merlin car park.

Our options seem down to 22nd Oct, 29th Oct, 12th Nov and 26th Nov. How
about the 29th??

Will we need a power supply (?) because I'd need to check with the guys
there that it's OK.