[SC.LUG] next meeting

Richard Smedley richard.smedley at livepublishing.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 07:46:33 BST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 11:12, Matthew Tolley wrote:
> The Merlin is run by the same people who run the Bear's Head at Brereton
> Green near Sandbach - and it's very good all round (food, beer, atmosphere
> etc). Cartoon sign?? Maybe you're thinking of the County next door which
> rejoices in the name of a 'Wacky Warehouse'.

Cartoon picture of a wizard with a pointy hat? - still
there when I drove past this morning :-/

> Teenage parties??? Not sure
> about that - again you might be thinking of the County, or perhaps the
> Lizard behind it, which last I heard had closed down again.

Sometimes of an evening there are hordes of teenagers
heading towards it out of Alderley Edge - but as you
say they could be going to a neighbouring pub.

> Our options seem down to 22nd Oct, 29th Oct, 12th Nov and 26th Nov.
How

No-one's gainsaid this - so why not book it :)

> Will we need a power supply (?) because I'd need to check with the guys
> there that it's OK.

Power supply helpful - unless someone can bring
a laptop. Who wants to bring some new distros
along?

Richard Smedley

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/
The GNU/Linux magazine for IT decision makers

   ``One cannot hope to bribe or twist,
     Thank God! the British journalist
     But seeing what the man will do
     Unbribed, there’s no occasion to.''
                          -- Humbert Wolfe

This email message may contain privileged or confidential information. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify postmaster at livepublishing.co.uk immediately via reply email. Any personal content in this email is that of the individual author and should not be interpreted as being endorsed by the company in whole or in part. Whilst care is taken, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email is free from virus infection, and no responsibility is accepted by Live Publishing Group for any disruption, loss or damage arising from its receipt or use.