[SC.LUG] ping!

sc@mailman.lug.org.uk sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 10:33:00 2003

Richard (and all....)

Wires do seem to be a bit crossed....

The situation is this:

iTS-LiNUX are happy to donate space, mail services and other bits.
There is and always has been a cost attached to this, which we accept.
The object from our point of view is to promote the LUG and the
open-source community generally.

However, if the resources aren't used , the object is lost leaving only
the
cost remaining. As this is a business, we have no choice but to look at
expenditure to see if is achieving it's aim.  The morals of business don't
come into it... it makes demands of us that we are obliged to fulfill.

In plaintext this means if the site is used and achieves some of it's aims
then it is worthwhile. If it isn't used and achieves nothing it is a waste
of time
and money.

We are happy to support the LUG in whatever way we can and if anything
would get more involved than we are now.

We ask only that you do something with it.

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems simple enough to me. :-)

Cheers all

Andy

w: www.its-linux.co.uk
t: (0)1270 213626
f: (0)1270 213926
e: info@its-linux.co.uk

individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including
any attachments) are confidential and may contain privileged
information.

If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you receive this email in
error, please delete and destroy the message and notify the sender
by reply email.