[SC.LUG] [OT] Re: Democracy

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 3 16:34:14 GMT 2004

Jason Lucas wrote:

>If you really want to know just how our current government views British
>society, then you should read Giddens, A. 'Sociology'. I found it pretty
>patronising.

The problem with any government is that it
exists to tell you what to do - regardless of whether
you agree with it or were fool enough to vote for
it - less is always better, but previous regimes that have
paid lip service to that have usually done the
opposite, and built lots of big prisons.

Where can we find someone like the president of the
universe in HHGTTG, who talks to his cat and
discovers daily how a pencil can interface with a piece
of paper :-D