[SC.LUG] expanding lug?

Jonathan Dwerryhouse jon.d at c2internet.net
Tue Feb 3 16:48:44 GMT 2004

Yup.

> If so, I agree with you - theres no substitute for the real thing,
> because a piano *IS* a real thing, and every single note is different,
> and no two finger presses are identical.

Agreed.. digital instruments, although my cute little Kawai digital piano
can reproduce identically the sound of a bosendorfer grand piano, it is a
long way off producing the kind of resonance dynamics that a true piano can
do.

> for recording and reproduction, though you want perfection, not
> imperfection, and thats where digital rules the day.

If you agree with the above then how can you say it's better for recording?
Have you ever heard of a concert pianist record Bach's Goldberg Variations
on a digital piano?  Although it would be funny to hear someone like Murray
Pariah playing that with the naff xzylophone effects ;-)