[SC.LUG] Compatability

Andy Roffe aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 13:39:06 GMT 2004

Hi Matthew,

For PDA's take a look at www.shirtpocket.co.uk - I've heard great things
about these !
I'll be buying one myself soon. I've got an iPAQ but although I can run
opie on it
it's a bit flaky. I've never been able to sync it with linux. (linux or
windows)

Also.. May Lindows be copied in the way that you've requested ?
This is a question before you all start flaming me :
http://www.lindows.com/licensing
It wasn't that clear to me.

Have you tried Xandros? I does a much better job than lindows IMHO.
There was a freebie on Linux Magazine last issue. Lindows dosen't insist
on a non-root
user, so if you take the simple install (as a beginner might do) the by
default you'll
be on the net as root. Which is lame.

cheers
Andy