[SC.LUG] Bill Gates to be Knighted?

Rick [Kitty5] rick at kitty5.com
Fri Jan 30 15:27:35 GMT 2004

Ian Molton wrote:
> The SN41G2 has *dual* geforce4MX video (15 pin) ouptuts, and is
> slightly slower (333Mz bus not 400) and, of course, will require
> nvidias binary driver if you use the onboard video (for 3D - the open
> driver is fine for 2D).

I have never had any issues with nvidias linux binary drivers with any of
their cards, I now have nvidia in all my boxen here simply because its so
painless to install and update.

> The Nforce2 chip is *blazingly* fast - I can get bursts of 8.5GB/sec
> out of the dual-channel RAM system.

Other half has a NF2 based PC, It flys - but you have to have 2 sticks of
ram in to get the best.

> Go on, you know you want one... (oh yeah, and they are *TINY*).

Handy for LUG meets :P

Rick

Kitty5 NewMedia http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key : http://pgp.kitty5.com