[SC.LUG] Partitions!

Seth Kneller seth at autismisanotherworld.com
Mon Mar 22 01:04:49 GMT 2004

damian at damosoft.co.uk wrote:

> Good, I'm also thinking about the second drive to mount at backup time,
> copy what I want over, then unmount it.  so its more like a dumping
> ground.  Any comments on that?

This is similar to the idea of a 'hot spare' which was used on an EMC
Network Storage device I had to work with at C&W a few years ago. The
idea was that every 4 hrs a disc would come online, take a snapshot of
what was on the main storage area and then go back offline again. Tape
backups were done every 12 hrs and then take off site, etc... The whole
kit was about the size of 3 American-style fridges put side by side.

--
Seth