[SC.LUG] Partitions!

Geoff Osbaldestin geoff at osbaldestin.net
Mon Mar 22 07:29:40 GMT 2004

> Good, I'm also thinking about the second drive to mount at backup time,
> copy what I want over, then unmount it.  so its more like a dumping
> ground.  Any comments on that?

Quick question, when you un mount a disk, does it power down? I have often
thought of doing this a my primary backup device, but using a smaller
disk.

Also whilst talking of backups, is there an easy way of finding all the
conf files for major packages? Probably a stupid question, but I am on
Gentoo, so I would have thought that portage knows where they are.

Geoff