[SC.LUG] Help! with my new digital camera - Kodak CX6230

Gareth Westwood gareth at wffsystems.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 20:42:44 GMT 2004

Richard Pineger wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've only got a 56k modem. I've just bought a digital camera Kodak CX6230 on
>the promise that gphoto2 in its latest version can support it.
>Unfortunately, in order to update dpkg wants to download 108Mb of data and
>use 25.7Mb (including the latest versions of libc6 and Wine etc.).

Only got 56k here.... well that's a lie, got a 56k modem but I live in
the middle of no-where on the end of an internal telephone exchange and
if I get a connection of 33k I jump for joy.

>Any quick fixes to get the camera working?

Not quick but assuming gphoto supports it (I have no idea I'm afraid)
download gphoto and have a look through the online documentation, there
is a lovely little dependency tree. There are quite a few libs that are
needed, but grab them and IIRC everything except gphoto2 is a simple
./configure && make && make install.

gphoto2 it's self is a little more difficult, but if you do compile it
yourself all the instructions are included in the source directory.

>See you Wednesday,
>Richard

Gareth Westwood
WFF Systems Ltd

www.wffsystems.co.uk

Disclaimer: WFF Systems Ltd - This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed.  Access, copying, dissemination
or re-use of information in it by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
have received this message in error, please contact us by return of
mail. Although this e-mail and its attachments have been screened and
are believed to be free from any virus, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that they are virus free. WFF Systems Ltd will not
accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.