[SC.LUG] part 2 ;)

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 24 10:16:39 GMT 2004

damian at damosoft.co.uk wrote:

> Well I'm still stuck for a theme then :/ Maybe have to resort to naming
>
>them after my Citroen collection hehe :)

That could be promising:

2CV - that 386 running a floppy-based router distro, with 900
days uptime.

Ami - that 386 with a co-processor and a rusty case.

Traction Avant - Ancient Sun box running as print server

DS - The CD draw opens out sideways ;-)

DS Familiale - RAID File Server in elegant case

GS - The original Apple Mac

SM - NeXT Cube :-)

CX - That trusty Pentium III workstation

CX GTi - The over-clocked Athlon box

I'm afraid I don't know any modern citroens to
carry this any further.... but the 1980s and 1990s
cars are probably apt for the more boring beige
boxes :-/

My computers here seem to have drifted from
the original naming scheme (plant based: Pyrus,
Malus, Prunus, Fagus, etc...). I'll have to change
a few back.