[SC.LUG] Ubuntu

SWF simeonfarrington at totalise.co.uk
Sun Nov 21 19:20:17 GMT 2004

Hi folks

I noticed after the last meeting a few people extolling the virtues of
Ubuntu and so I thought I'd investigate and download a copy of the ISO.
However I'm have a problem burning it onto a CD (I'm using nero under
winxp as currently I don't have a debian partition to play with).

When I select the image I get an error:

Foreign image file - the entered block size does not correspond to the
image length. The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the
value or ignore the problem? (Correct / Ignore)

Ignoring and going ahead with the burn produces a tea coaster which
can't be read - anyone know what I need to do to get this to burn - it
seems a waste to get them to send me a copy given I've now got 2 copies
of the ISO (I tried again from a different mirror in case the first one
was corrupt) on my disk!

Ta

Simeon