[SC.LUG] New Member Intro.

damian at damosoft.co.uk damian at damosoft.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 18:33:42 BST 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Andy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just joined the list after finding the Cheshire LUG by accident in this
> month's Linux Format mag.
>
> I'm a home/desktop user of Mandrake 10, and the sum total of my Linux
> experience is 2 years of playing with a dual-boot XP/MDK system, and finally
> to 100% Linux a month or so ago. All self taught of course.
> I plan to start experimenting with other distros soon, but Mandrake has
> really been a superb induction for me.

Im trying to get some footing as an alternative to Fedora Core as I really
want to move away from Red Hat base,  Im thinking towards Debian and have
been playing with Sarge for a couple of months.  Ive installed Mandrake 10
on my laptop to experiment with, but trying to get urpm setup from
urpm.org, maybe play more tonight...

Damian (of Holmes Chapel) ;)

--

Damian Parker