[SC.LUG] Port 1765 & CFT

Andy Roffe aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 08:26:39 BST 2004

Geoff,

<snip>
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what CFT is?
</snip>
These ports are probably used to settle H323 or SIP registration on the
gateway.
Although, that is really just a guess based on a bit of voip development
we've been doing recently.
The avaya system is proprietary and all of those "closed" voip systems
have a nasty habit of
hijacking port numbers to communicate with their own kit.

If you can run ethereal and get a dump of the actual traffic, we can
probably tell you what it is.

I wouldn't bet on it being rfc compliant (ie: actually cft ) but it may be.

Most commercial voip systems make M$ look postively pleasant about
vendor lock in.
We just priced a siemens system at over well over 6 figures or
marginally cheaper than ISDN costs.
I can't think why :o|

best
Andy Roffe