[SC.LUG] Port 1765 & CFT

damian at damosoft.co.uk damian at damosoft.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 09:55:06 BST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Andy Roffe wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> <snip>
> I was wondering if anyone could tell me what CFT is?
> </snip>
> These ports are probably used to settle H323 or SIP registration on the
> gateway.
> Although, that is really just a guess based on a bit of voip development
> we've been doing recently.

Ive been working with Asterisk, and loving every minute of it.  Im with a
group of geeks called Neurd network and we are linking Asterisk's up in
each our countries to offer a internal phone system between ourselves and
calling countries.

afaik SIP doesnt go that low 5060 and something around 5000

> Most commercial voip systems make M$ look postively pleasant about vendor
> lock in.
> We just priced a siemens system at over well over 6 figures or marginally
> cheaper than ISDN costs.
> I can't think why :o|

Get an Asterisk setup!  Its easy to setup and the POTS cards and
well made.

--

Damian Parker
Damosoft - http://www.damosoft.co.uk