[SC.LUG] Port 1765 & CFT

damian at damosoft.co.uk damian at damosoft.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 11:05:26 BST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Andy Roffe wrote:

> Hi Damien,
>
> Yep. Good stuff. We've been using aterisk for a year or two now and have been
> developing services
> on it for some customers. It's come a long way in the last year and Digium's
> sponsorship is making
> a big difference.

The biggest problem I see is a lack of Linux based soft phones that
actually work well. iaxcomm is about the best Kphone and linphone has
never worked on any of my configs here.

For now until I can do more research ive got a grandstream and a Snom 220
setup :)  The snom is awesome!

> Asterisk really wins out as a gateway between multiple branches over vpn's. I
> do use the commercial
> codecs though... $10 a pop but awesome quality and I'm easily reaching the
> claimed 8k a call.

Ive not really played with alternatives yet,  as the moment neurd is
concentrating on interconnecting the asterisk boxes we have to provide a
network for tiki, open money and gnumes people.

> This would be a good subject for the LUG, I reckon - it'd take some
> preparation and a big subject
> for one meeting.

Yeah would be awesome!

--