[SC.LUG] Clearout time!

Simeon W Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Wed Apr 6 00:05:43 BST 2005

John Jervis wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 15:08 +0100, Simeon W Farrington wrote:
>

>>Wireless Access Point - can be connected into the above router to give
>>wireless access. 802.11b.
>>
>>USB wireless stick. Don't think it's linux friendly but may be useful.
>>802.11b.
>>

>Simeon,
>
>I'm interested in these two. The wireless stick may not be linux-fiendly
>but it'll be fun trying (and educational too) and they would release me
>from the bondage of the desk when I have to work from home.
>

>>cacti
>>

>I too have a fairly big car so could transport the cactus. It sounds
>like gardening gauntlets would be useful. I also have a large quantity
>of bubble wrap and a couple of large pieces of cardboard that were used
>to deliver the replacement tailgate for my car.
>
>Regards,
>JJ

John - all sounds good - Ian has actually put a bid in for the wireless
AP but if you want to argue over it, come to some arrangement (you could
connect to his router with the stick!) or start a bidding war then let
us know so we can watch :) As for gardening gauntlets, yes they are the
minimum - I use motorbike gauntlets myself when dealing with the spiky
inhabitants of my house. Not that I have either a bike or a license to
ride one.................

Might be worth summarising the list thus far and who's asked for what:

An external USR Sportster Flash 56k Modem (no takers)
DSUB extension cable RICHARD?
a couple of SCSI cables of different types RICHARD
2x "Kettle" leads (computer PSU leads) with 2-pin plugs on the end (why
I have these I don't know!) RICHARD?
2x power through plugs (the sort that you connected your monitor into
the back of the computer PSU for power  IAN
ADSL 4-port router (Solwise 715) - not 100% if this is fully working. It
stopped connecting to the internet and I've not had a chance to see if
it's terminal or not. Might be a case of a sulk or maybe a reflash of
firmware is required. IAN
Wireless Access Point - can be connected into the above router to give
wireless access. 802.11b. IAN (+JJ)
USB wireless stick. Don't think it's linux friendly but may be useful.
802.11b. JJ
2 x DVD drives. One is slot loading and is region-free. IAN  The other
is normal and is Region 2. (no takers)
1 x CDRW drive. 48x CDR writing. FRANK
Planet ISA Combo network card. Probably a 10 (rather than a 100). (no
takers)
SCSI UMAX Scanner (no takers)
Cactus - I'm not exactly sure who wants this (EWAN?), but we do see to
be accumulating a lot of transport for it!!!!!!!!

I've discovered a box of ATAPI drive cables as well. No doubt you all
each have your own box of these things..........

If people are likely to see each other and it's easier to send items via
other members of the group, let me know.

Simeon