[SC.LUG] Trebus Replaces cdrecord

Frank Mitchell mitchell at cloudynwuk.force9.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 18:36:35 GMT 2005

Somebody implied that Trebus was just another Front-End for mkisofs and
cdrecord. In fact it's completely independent of any pre-existing Burner
Software. You just need to ensure you've got Kernel 2.4 with the upgraded sg
Driver. I wrote it because I had a problem with cdrecord. Within its
intended design limits, Trebus is intended to replace these other programs.

If you put Trebus on an old machine and run it, it should work after you
remove all trace of cdrecord, mkisofs and the rest. Or don't you fancy
finding something wrong with it? I can't see why people go on about
modifying Trebus before they've even established whether it works as claimed
or not.

I suggested everybody should try it on an old machine originally, as a
precaution to protect people's Hardware. I read that most CD Burners conform
to the Standard Command Set, and the non-standard models are still designed
to resist damage by an unexpected signal. But I might still have put
something misleading in the Documentation. Now everybody's concerned about
Malware. But they seem very aware of what to look for if this was my
objective.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell