[SC.LUG] Mandrake 10.1 Installing software

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 25 00:28:19 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 13:21 -0500, LALAYNG at aol.com wrote:

> My problem is simple to tell: how do I run it?  I have looked for some
> kind of exe file.  I have poured through the Kde folder looking for
> some reference to Xconq, but to no avail.

Hello Anthony,

What happens when you open a terminal emulator (might be
called xterm on your menu, or konsole, or gterm...) and
type:

   xconq <enter>

?

You could also type

   man xconq

or

   info xconq

and see what that tells you.

I don't know if Mandrake's RPM includes the docs but have
a look for xconq-doc - probably in /usr/share/doc/ somewhere.

But first, just to see where RPM has put the package, become
root with

   su -c
   [password]

then

   updatedb

then

   locate xconq

The executable will most probably be in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin
and if typing xconq doesn't run it it's because wherever it's
located is not in your path. Type the full path, eg.:

   /usr/games/xconq

and that should do it :-)

Let us know how you get on.

Grants for Free Software development in the UK:
http://www.affs.org.uk/grants/index.html