[SC.LUG] Dedicated linux hosting

Damian Parker damian at damosoft.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 16:03:55 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:00:11PM +0000, Richard Pemberton wrote:
> I am in the market for a dedicated server for hosting  a couple of sites (etc)
>
> Need full root (ssh), no restrictions on what I can do (not going to be
> running IRC), pref located in the US, DNS provided by host, options on server
> hardware + easy upgrades, at least 1 IP
>
> Server *MUST* be running Gentoo, stage3 will do and I will set up from there.
>
> Quick point of contact for reboots (etc)
>
> Need to know what the network connection setup for the server is, speed, max
> peek, traffic shaped?, etc etc, need to have plenty of bandwidth as an option
> (and no cut-off should I go over my monthly allowance)

Howdi

I use server4you.com in the states with a root server and also have servers with server4you.de in germany

Once you get your server, login to the powerpanel, and reboot it into the recovery mode, from there you can perform stage1 or whatever installs of gentoo. :) I know Ive done it on all mine :)

Reboots are available through the powerpanel also and for the price you get 500Mb-1Gb of bandwidth included per month, it knocks spots of any deals here in the UK.

--

Damian Parker
http://www.damosoft.co.uk / http://tikihost.net