[SC.LUG] Social Meeting

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 14 15:28:29 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 14:28 +0000, Jason Lucas wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 13:27 +0000, Ian Molton wrote:
> > Matthew J Keay wrote:
> > > I'd be interested in meeting you SC.LUG folk - no idea where the Merlin is
> > > though ;)
> >
> > Someone got GPS co-ords ?
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > See you there :)
> Lat:
>         53:18:45N (53.3124)
> Lon:
>         2:14:12W (-2.2368)
>
> Or thereabouts!

LOL

Matthew,
If you are lacking in OS map and GPS (as I am),
then you may wish to know that the Merlin is on
the northern edge of Alderley Edge.

As you leave the town by the A34, going down to
the Wilmslow bypass roundabout, there are two
large pubs on your right. The second (just before
the roundabout) is the Merlin. Instead of a
picture of a merlin /Falco columbarius/, the
sign-board displays a comic-book wizard :-/

 - Richard

btw Wednesdays and Thursdays are usually out for
me, but I should be able to make any other day.

--
Grants for Free Software development in the UK:
http://www.affs.org.uk/grants/