[SC.LUG] Next meet

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sun Jul 24 19:09:24 BST 2005

Jason Lucas wrote:

> BTW - What this new motor Ian's got?

Heh. I suppose I better take a picture of her ;-)

http://www.mnementh.co.uk/carpc/car.jpg

theres some other pics in that folder too...

Rita is a 1987 Daihatsu Charade CX 1.0 Turbo Diesel, 5 speed manual gearbox.

Shes in decent condition now - I've patched up numerous holes in the
rear suspension pillars (welded plates over) and replaced both front
suspension coils (both had failed, one in two places!) and I've replaced
the rear wheelarch on the right (left still to do). If you look in the
pic you can see the line across where I welded the new bottom onto the
panel. Not bad for a first go at bodywork, IMHO. Oh and the sil was
rebuilt on the right rear too.

Still to do is the left rear wheelarch outer panel, replace the rear
brake flexi-hoses. Im going to get the injectors seen to, which should
put the fuel economy up in the 70MPG bracket again (she does ~55MPG
right now) and hopefully cure the slight blacksmoking on load. She
doesnt burn oil, which is pretty damn good for a 17 year old :)

I need to sort the windows - the front ones are slipping slightly and I
should probably get a new set of rubber trims all round.

Someday I'll get her resprayed black and have a nice silver-white logo
on the bonnet / sides.

Im building a PC into the radio slot - I'll bring it along to a meet
sometime if we manage to have one on a date I can make it :-)

A set of alloys wouldnt go amiss... anyone got some 13" ones going
spare? ;-)