[SC.LUG] USB DSL Modems

Dave Briggs linux at davebriggs.net
Tue Nov 1 12:28:04 GMT 2005

Quoting Tom Mitchell <trmitchell at hotmail.co.uk>:

> Hi,
> I am a newbie here. I use Xandros 3.0.2 and connect using a wireless 3com
> office connect router. These are cheap at the moment and i have had no
> problems for over a year. It came with  a free usb stick it works easily
> under Xandros with Ndiswrapper.
> All the best
> Tom

Thanks, Tom, and welcome. I must admit to knowing nothing about networking and
wireless things, though I am interested in getting a wireless connection so
that the Windows laptop can share my broadband link.

How do these routers work? Do you just plug it into the phone socket and
(presumably) the mains, and configure it via a PC?

--
Dave Briggs
linux at davebriggs.net | http://davebriggs.net | http://davebriggs.net/sclug