[SC.LUG] USB DSL Modems

Tom Mitchell trmitchell at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 17:14:12 GMT 2005

Dave,
Mine is an ADSL modem wireless router. One cable to the phone line, one to
power and ethernet to machines where required. Set up is via a web page and
very easy with 3com. The internal firewall works well, wirless is easy
security too.   I have 3 xandros boxes and one xp box conected 2 wirelessly.
Not had a problem running linux on any machine( 1 P3, 1 amd athlon and one
amd64) . I would say make your own box using what you want. Only takes a
couple of hours and a screw driver. Worth partioning the hard drive poperly
for Linux though. Updating or experienting with distros is easy then.
Tom