[SC.LUG] Hello SCLUG

Andy Roffe aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 14:04:07 GMT 2005

Damian,

Hmmm. I'd say either those packets are being dropped or that the destination can't be found and there is no icmp message telling you why.

I've seen something very similar before, in fact it was an 8x.xx.xx.xx address.
In that case some code upstream had out of date IANA reserved netblocks in a file..
Might have been 83?

If you are sure it's not local to you then you need to speak to Demon. Good luck with that...

-a