[SC.LUG] May I join you for tea and scones?

Jonty jonty at electrichamster.net
Thu Oct 13 04:12:36 BST 2005

Afternoon all,

First off I should probably say "Hello", as I'm a new member of the
mailing list. I like networks, encryption, cheese and kayaking.

Here comes the science bit:

I'm a university student who's home town happens to be Chester, though I
attend university in Hull (Not as bad as it sounds, honest guv).
During the Christmas and summer months I tend to work from home, and in
the mean time get exceedingly bored with the lack of decent geeks to
hang around with.

Despite being a member of both the Hull LUG and 2600 meetings its only
just occurred to me now, at 4am, three years later, that Chester might
have an active LUG or 2600 group. As you may have guessed, I'm kicking
myself for not having thought of it sooner.

So as a preemptive against a geek-free Christmas, I'm asking you now;
What is the chance of having a LUG meet in late December/January, and
would it be possible for it to be located in Chester itself?
(I've been too busy coding to learn to drive :P)

Cheers,
Jonty
[e]: jonty at electrichamster.net
[w]: electrichamster.net