[SC.LUG] May I join you for tea and scones?

Jonty jonty at electrichamster.net
Thu Oct 13 15:01:26 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 09:50 +0100, Dave Briggs wrote:
> Quoting Jonty <jonty at electrichamster.net>:
> > I'm a university student who's home town happens to be Chester, though I
> > attend university in Hull (Not as bad as it sounds, honest guv).
>
> Indeed! I spent 3 years at Hull Uni myself. Marvellous place. Does The Tower
> still do all drinks for 20p each on a Wednesday?

Alas, the Tower you knew is no more, and has been moved to the
purpose-built nightclub on campus (cost a few million to build and
caused the union to win the BEDA best student union award - they moved
the Resnikov bar downstairs into the old main hall this year, it's a bit
bloody posh now).
I'm afraid that inflation also means that the cheapest drink to be had
is about 99p....I dream of 20p beverages!

Sorry about that...back to FOSS :P

Cheers,
Jonty
[e]: jonty at electrichamster.net