[SC.LUG] Macclesfield Meeting

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 21:21:54 BST 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Robert Marshall wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Edward Chapman wrote:
>
>> I wonder is it worth having our Macc meeting on Tuesday 1st Nov or Thurs
>> 3rd Nov in view of the above?
>>
>> Maybe all those interested in meeting in Macc could post their ideal
>> date/time that week then perhaps we'll be able to cement something.
>>
>> Tues, Wed, Thurs are all fine by me any time.
>
> Thursday is better - and probably my ideal - for me than Wednesday (which
> has become more difficult for other reasons) - Tuesday is out...

And silence... is it therefore best left alone on Wednesday?

Changing the subject - is anyone familiar with the Manchester Hornet
network (in the student accommodation)? I'm trying to set up my daughters
system in her new flat and failing...

The linux instructions
http://hornet.stars.manchester.ac.uk/site/setup_linux.htm (at least for
mandrake) are of an old version (8.x I think) and trying to do an auto
setup fails silently, eth0 doesn't start - and we don't get any ip
address/nameservers set up by the dhcp server

And irrelvently I came across this emacs implementation of mine-sweeper
this week, with it's minimalist approach of dots I thought it would be just
right for Richard

http://web.archive.org/web/20030204205410/http://www.stanford.edu/~tshm/mine-sweeper.el

:-)

Robert