[SC.LUG] Postal 419'er

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 2 05:18:56 BST 2006

Reminds me - I got a cracking 419'er by snail mail the other day - all
the way from Spain. They'd got to a lot of expense with the letter head,
loads of official looking logos and a watermark to match. Apparently I
had won some $750,000 dollars (Dollars in a Euro Lottery?) in a lottery
I've never event heard of, let alone played!
A quick search on the web confirmed my suspicions - a scam. The really
sad thing about it was the stories of people that had actually fallen
for it & had passed all their personal banking data to the scammers.
Accounts emptied, identities stolen, thousands of debt on credit cards.

Bewarned, and Beware.

Jason