[SC.LUG] Meeting - Five minutes of fame!

Robert Marshall robert at chezmarshall.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Aug 12 10:41:14 BST 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Richard Smedley wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 05:06 +0100, Jason Lucas wrote:
>> We've not had a meeting for a while, I think that we should have a 'Five
>> minutes of Fame' get-together where anyone can give a five minute talk
>> about, basically, anything they want. Knowing some of the guys & girls
>> on the lug, we could get talks on any subject from Astronomy to Zoology.
>
> Sounds a great idea - if anybody wants to keep their topic
> near GNU/Linux, suggestions include:
> Procmail recipes
> Mutt
> Emacs intro
> dpkg for Ubuntu users
> mailservers intro
> VLC
> GNU/Linux and laptops
> LTSP

Sounds ambitious for five minutes but t'would be interesting :-)

today's user friendly caused a lot of laughter here:

http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20060812

Which year in July were we booking Gareth Bowker for (on FSFE)?

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall