[SC.LUG] Meeting - Five minutes of fame!

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 13 05:59:31 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 18:30 +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 05:06 +0100, Jason Lucas wrote:
> > We've not had a meeting for a while, I think that we should have a 'Five
> > minutes of Fame' get-together where anyone can give a five minute talk
> > about, basically, anything they want. Knowing some of the guys & girls
> > on the lug, we could get talks on any subject from Astronomy to Zoology.
>
> Sounds a great idea - if anybody wants to keep their topic
> near GNU/Linux, suggestions include:
> Procmail recipes
> Mutt
> Emacs intro
> dpkg for Ubuntu users
> mailservers intro
> VLC
> GNU/Linux and laptops
> LTSP
>
> Just some ideas - I'm certainly not best-qualified to do all
> of them myself :-/
>
> btw Chester LUG are meeting on teh 31st - venue details to follow :)
>
>  - Richard
Richard,

While I admire your commitment to GNU/Linux and your more technical
understanding of computing, I feel that we should really be targeting
the less computer literate with events that they can associate with -
such as politics, teh Arts and Sciences, Philosophy and Corrie Street

Jason Lucas.
Free Software Realist.

"In the real world, people tend to interpret 'non-technical user' as
meaning someone who doesn't know where the 'any' key is."
-- Karl Marx might have said this.