[SC.LUG] Trebus Replaces cdrecord

Andrew Hutchings info at a-wing.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 02:12:45 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 20:21, Srdjan Todorovic wrote:
> --- Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Er, what? you mean to say it wont work if mkisofs et.al. are present?
> > > OMG.
> >
> > I think he's suggesting that you don't need those applications to run
> > trebus, and as "proof" you could remove them all and trebus would
> > still work.
>
> If that is the case, it was quite a badly worded suggestion.
>
> However note that in the same email, Frank Mitchell wrote:
> > Within its intended design limits, Trebus is intended to replace these
> > other programs.
>
> Which could be taken to mean exactly what Ian Molton wrote. Perhaps
> Frank Mitchell meant that Trebus is intended to be an *alternative*
> to cdrecord and mkisofs?
>
>  - Srdjan Todorovic

I must admit I did take it the same way Ian did at first.
This is kinda getting away from the point in hand though.  The main point is
this is by far the worst way to try and distribute Trebus.  If an unknown
mailed you with a bit of Windows software saying here, try this, it does XYZ
and it is in a password protected zip which mailscanning MXes can't read you
would be insane to not be cautious.  I highly doubt many would test it due to
the possible FS / trojan damage it could cause, even from a minor bug.

Regards
Andrew
--
Andrew Hutchings (A-Wing) - Linux Guru