[SC.LUG] DVD fun

Simeon W Farrington sub_mail at farrin.org.uk
Thu Jan 5 15:02:33 GMT 2006

Hi all

a question if I may that isn't relating to cdrecord.......

Having mixed success watching DVDs on my debian sarge system. I've got
the libdvdcss2 files unpacked but I have one DVD (the rather excellent
Bagpuss DVD :) ) which works fine and another music DVD which crashes
out of ogle and xine/kaffeine with this error:

OGLE
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 2486684
libdvdread: DVDDiscId read returned 0 bytes, wanted 18432
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 3401214
libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 8 (VTS_08_0.IFO).
FATAL[ogle_nav]: ifoOpenVTSI failed

KAFFEINE
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 3401214
libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 8 (VTS_08_0.IFO).
libdvdnav: ifoOpenVTSI failed
libdvdnav: *** pgci_ut handle is NULL ***

Using MPlayer, the main concert film (ie the main feature) plays fine
but I can't (work out?) access to the other features on the disc

Without going off and trying a few more encrypted discs does anyone have
any suggestions to either view the other things using MPlayer or to get
the GUI programs to operate with the menus so I can access the other
features?

Ta

Simeon