[SC.LUG] Going Green.

Andy Roffe aroffe at its-linux.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 10:34:56 BST 2006

Hi All,

Also of interest may be www.mini-itx.com it's focused on VIA's low power boards.

Low power server would be nice too. You should see the power bills those babys generate.
Blades help but what you win on power, which isn't much, you'll lose to heat... :-/

You might also be interested in www.inveneo.org which is a really interesting project.
Effectively this is a charitable organisation which provides low power hardware among other things to remote sites. Go have a look, it's really interesting.

Also, have a google on solar power in th UK. I recently got some solar panels to run my
Optimate trickle charger on. I'm even tempted to think about putting solar panels on my house and selling the surplus back to the grid. That's not as nuts as it sounds, there are grants available and energy providers must buy a specific amount of energy from "green" sources.

Oh, while I'm having a rant.. Israel should pack it in. Now.

Have fun folks :-)

-A