[SC.LUG] .deb vs rpm [was Re: Fwd: Worldwide 2007 Mandriva...]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 6 17:46:06 GMT 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 12:33, Robert Marshall wrote:
[snip]
> As a mdk 2006 (and back to 8.2) I could ask for suggestions as to where to
> go but I'd guess that non-Mandr* will say pretty much the same as they'd
> said before the Gael/mdk bustup (together with a 'you see' emphasis)

Mandrake-based PCLinuxOS continues to get good reviews...

> Maybe I shall get around to switching to Ubuntu...

...but I'm interested to hear if you've gone to Ubuntu yet?
And if so what, as a long-term RPM user, you think of it?

Richard Smedley,                                         Richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Sustainable IT Consultant,
                                 ``Software Freedom for the Voluntary Sector''