[SC.LUG] Email Clients

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Wed Aug 8 09:58:22 BST 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007, Simon Ward wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:36:13PM +0100, David Holden wrote:
> > I've used kontact/kmail for several year now and much prefer it to
> > evolution. Not least because it does not use a non standard mail folder
> > format, i.e. put an mbox file in your Mail directory and it will display
> > it as a folder in your client.
>
> That’s always nice. Evolution reads local mbox files to, and I liked
> that. It meant I could easily use procmail filters, and also use
> whichever of the local mailbox supporting MUAo took my fancy at the
> time.

Interesting, is this a recent feature of evolution. One of the main benefits
to us using kmail is that we can put a soft link in a users local ~/Mail
folder to various mbox files we keep around the system and it appears as a
folder in kmail can this also be done with evolution? I though because it
used its own mail database format this would not have been possible?

Cheers,

 Dave.

--
Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.