[SC.LUG] Ubuntu help needed

Marroc Danderfluff marrocdanderfluff at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jan 17 11:37:52 GMT 2007

Can someone help me?

I have installed Ubuntu server edition and want to set it up in several ways:
- Backups to external USB hard drives
- Apache/PHP Document Management System with https on the Internet for authenticated users
- Samba as LAN server for Windows clients
- VPN for Windows clients

What I need is to pay someone for a 'quick start'. I'm not even sure if Gnome or KDE are installed. It isn't clear from the Ubuntu Server Guide.

So far, I've managed to sudo and shut-down. Tonight I'm going to set up eth0 so that I can access my LAN and the Internet. I have to admit that I'm terrified of iptables though. It seems complicated even though I have a fairly good knowledge of TCP/IP.

If you can help then drop me a line, thanks,
Richard Pineger