[SC.LUG] Ubuntu Glitch

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.com
Fri Jul 27 18:56:34 BST 2007

Hello there,

I have a small problem when I log into Ubuntu 7.04.

When I log in it says my HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored, and goes on
to say "File should be owned by user and have 644 permission. User's
$HOME directory must be owned by user and not writable by others."

Not only does this message bother me slightly but also since its advent
last week I have only been able to get online for a few minutes each day
(if that) before I can no longer access the net. I can log into my
router and can also use other machines which also use the router to get
online, so my problem is with the Ubuntu machine.

Does someone have a fix for these problems?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Tolley

PS - when's the next meeting?