[SC.LUG] OpenOffice in schools

Kris Douglas webbox.uk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:41:42 BST 2007

Today I completed an assignment for IT in Linux. (We dont have any windoze
machines in the house). So I saved it in a format supposedly compatible with
Microsoft Office 2003, but...of course, microsoft's (lack of) support for
open document format has redered the rather hefty assignment useless to the
school. I think this is a pile of animal's fecal matter, the school should
cater for the people that are actually using some software that is
compatible with open formats available on the *nix platforms.

I intend to complain at my school today to see if I can get some form of
open solution for the software made available to us. But I am interested to
hear your oppinions on this issue, and if its actually worth promoting.

A rather peed off,
Kris Douglas
      Softdel Limited Hosting Services

      Web: www.softdel.net