[SC.LUG] Welcome

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 12:03:56 BST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:44:01AM +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:

> Welcome to the list to Barbie, who's just joined.
>
> Hello Barbie, we're a fairly quiet list, atm, but
> I'm sure you'll find a few fellow Perl Mongers
> lurking here ;)

Thanks Richard, I felt I ought to join seeing as Cheshire is my real
home, although I currently live south of Birmingham, as I was born in
Congleton, lived in Holmes Chapel until I was 17 and went to school in
Crewe :)

Actually I did have an ulterior motive too, as I was looking for other
LUGs not too far from Brum, that might have meetings and would be
interested in having a few of us along to give a talk or something, as
part of The Birmingham Perl Mongers World Tour [1].

[1] http://birmingham.pm.org/article/bwt2008

Do you hold meetings, or do you merge with ManLUG for the meetings? I
plan to contact them too, so hopefully will get around to meeting some
of you guys at some point. I'll also be at LugRadio Live next month, so
feel free to collar me and say hello then too if any of you are going.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--
Birmingham Perl Mongers <http://birmingham.pm.org>