[SC.LUG] Welcome

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 27 12:20:47 BST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 12:03 +0100, Barbie wrote:
> Thanks Richard, I felt I ought to join seeing as Cheshire is my real
> home, although I currently live south of Birmingham, as I was born in
> Congleton, lived in Holmes Chapel until I was 17 and went to school in
> Crewe :)
>
> Actually I did have an ulterior motive too, as I was looking for other
> LUGs not too far from Brum, that might have meetings and would be
> interested in having a few of us along to give a talk or something, as
> part of The Birmingham Perl Mongers World Tour [1].
>
> [1] http://birmingham.pm.org/article/bwt2008

I'd certainly be interested in coming along. Haven't looked
at Perl for ages, but used to go to Bath PM meetings (v long
time ago).

> Do you hold meetings, or do you merge with ManLUG for the meetings?

We've a long history of short runs of meetings, followed
by months of silence :-/

I've been thinking of suggesting one in the next few weeks, or
in September. We need a new location, though, for one with speakers.
Anyone have any suggestions?

> plan to contact them too, so hopefully will get around to meeting some
> of you guys at some point.

Some members are in Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, N Wales, and/or
Staffs LUGs as well. We're quite spread out, geographically.

> I'll also be at LugRadio Live next month, so
> feel free to collar me and say hello then too if any of you are going.

Might see you there :)

>From the garden today:
Wild strawberries, blackcurrants, raspberries.