[SC.LUG] Software Recommendation

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 14:50:16 GMT 2008

Hello there,

My employer uses a system called Quest which is used extensively in the
Surveying business to allocate jobs to surveyors.

Unfortunately it has features (ActiveX controls I think) which mean that
to use it fully I have to use Windows :-( , and even worse, Internet
Explorer in particular :-( :-( . The good news is that they're in the
market for a replacement :-) .

Can someone recommend an alternative which can be accessed fully from
linux? Open Source would be ideal, but I understand this may not be
possible. The main criteria are that it must be stable, import jobs
easily in a format similar to Quest's, and allocate them efficiently to
the nearest available individual.

All suggestions welcome.

Best wishes,

Matthew