[SC.LUG] New member welcome

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 9 17:29:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 16:59 +0100, Lucy wrote:
> >  Welcome to Lucy Bridges, of Manchester Free Software Group,

> I hope you enjoyed our last meeting!

I certainly did :)
It's a shame that the discussion on linking up potential
Open Acess space in Mcr with other initiatives didn't go
any further after I left :-/

> Thanks for the introduction. In case anyone's interested in more information..
>
> I'm a software developer living in Manchester and I've been using
> Linux since the start of Uni, so for about 7 years now. My current
> favourite distro is Ubuntu (I was using Debian for a long time
> though). I'm also on the Man LUG and the Bristol & Bath LUG mailing

I used to be on that list when I was working in Bath - I managed
to get a few of the Bristol people over to Bath Perl Mongers
meetings. Bath's a real centre of Perl/BSD thanks to Netcraft :)

Good to have you in the LUG :-)