[SC.LUG] Resolving DNS issue

Damian Parker creativetux at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:49:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

Not essentially a Linux issue but there might be someone with an
answer out there.

I have a Netgear router on the end of my ADSL connection. I have a
domain name configured with the static IP of my connection.  Outside
the LAN this works fine, inside it doesn't.

However I did have a Linksys router previously and that allowed the
domain to work from within the LAN, although probably sending traffic
out and back in or whatever.  Currently I've got a local DNS server
setup to override on the LAN that domain name resolving it with the
local IP address and then forwarding everything else to the external
DNS servers.  Im just wondering if anyone knows of an option on the
netgear to allow it to behave like the linksys did.

No big issue, just the current setup is a little messy.

Thanks

Damian