[SC.LUG] [Fwd: Fwd: Stockport & S/E Manchester Hackspace - 18th July at 7PM]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 14 07:51:46 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Jon Spriggs*
Date: 2009/7/14
Subject: Stockport & S/E Manchester Hackspace - 18th July at 7PM

This meeting is to start getting together a crowd to open a Hackspace in
Stockport. Want to find out more about what a hackspace is? Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackspace for (a few) more details, and
consider looking around http://hackerspaces.org <http://hackerspaces.org/>.

We'll be at the Grey Horse Public House on Saturday 18th July at 7pm.
Please show your interest by clicking "I'm going" on the Upcoming Event
Page at http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/3073239

The meeting will discuss further the research we've done towards getting
a permanent location, more discussions on funding, talking about our
current and possible future projects, and much more (hopefully)!

Want to start the discussion already? Join the mailing list at
http://groups.google.com/group/stockporthackspace or drop in to the IRC
channel on the Freenode network

If you've got an IRC client, which supports the IRC URL, click
irc://irc.freenode.net/#StockportHackspace
<http://irc.freenode.net/#StockportHackspace> otherwise, feel free to
join us through mibbit.com <http://mibbit.com> at
http://www.mibbit.com/?server=irc.freenode.net&channel=%23StockportHackspace
<http://www.mibbit.com/?server=irc.freenode.net&channel=%23StockportHackspace>

How to get there
----------------------

Remember, although this is listed with a Stockport Postcode, the venue
for this event is within the M60, and closer to Manchester City Centre
than Didsbury, with very frequent train and bus links, plus easy access
to major routes into Manchester and Stockport.

* By Train

Take the train from either Stockport (STP) or Manchester Piccadilly
(MAN) to Heaton Chapel (HTC) train station which is approximately a 15
minute walk from the pub, or you can also get the train to Reddish North
(RDN) station from Manchester Piccadilly, which is about a 30 minute
walk away.

* By Bus

If you want to get the bus, the 42A and 173 buses go right past the pub
and the mill, while the 203 bus stops just up the road (at Holdsworth
Square) and the 192 stops on Stockport Road (the A6).

42A Bus Timetable: http://www.gmpte.com/upload/routemaps/42A_27104.pdf
173 Bus Timetable: http://www.gmpte.com/upload/routemaps/173_27235.pdf
192 Bus Timetable: http://www.gmpte.com/upload/routemaps/192_27142.pdf
203 Bus Timetable: http://www.gmpte.com/upload/routemaps/203_27276.pdf

* By Car

For those in cars or who live nearby, here are two different maps of the
same place by different organisation:
http://www.multimap.com/s/yT5pnWx1
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.4354&mlon=-2.1661&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=53.4354&mlon=-2.1661&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF>

There's also a third map at the top of the Upcoming web page where the
venue is listed.

The pub has an attached carpark and there are lots of nearby side streets.

(Please feel free to forward this to any other appropriate mailing lists
which cover events in the area.)

Groups "North West Hackspace" group.
NW-hack-space+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com
 For more options, visit this group at